Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of preventive maintenance processes, machine repairs, construction installation and modification, and building repairs in an efficient and timely manner through the effective management and utilization of maintenance resources.
Are you excited about large-scale challenges? Prysmian Group, a leading global wire and cable manufacturer, is seeking a highly experienced engineer or electro-mechanic for a Maintenance Manager position.
You will be joining a dedicated and cohesive team that works hard to deliver exceptional quality products. We recognize that our success comes from combining our strengths, so we encourage collaboration and provide an environment where new ideas can emerge.
In addition, we offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Performance bonuses based on achievements and results
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Directs the activities of the Maintenance Department team and resources to ensure that all plant equipment is maintained and repaired with minimal downtime.
- Actively participates and contributes to EHS projects and improvements on a regular basis.
- Acts as the project manager for new machinery installations and major projects, develops performance specifications and oversees the bidding process.
- Assumes responsibility for the department's budget and expense control and demonstrates initiative in forecasting future maintenance needs to minimize budgetary impacts.
- Manages the maintenance of the building in accordance with applicable laws and represents GCC for environmental purposes.
- Supports the engineering department with major production issues and participates in lean activities for continuous improvement.
- Optimizes machine performance in accordance with new technologies and industry best practices.
- Creates, distributes, and monitors machine preventive maintenance schedules and works with production to determine priorities, including summer shutdown.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Profile and skills:
- Bachelor's degree, DEC or DEP in electrical engineering or electromechanics.
- At least 6 years experience as an engineer or 8 years as a technician.
- Skilled in various disciplines: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, machining, machine design and safety standards.
- Excellent knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-performance production environment.
- Ability to analyze technical information in detail, synthesize it and communicate it to various levels of the company.
- Ability to mobilize a team.
- Sense of initiative in continuous improvement.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.