Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
- Lead, teach and coach others while implementing key activities across manufacturing achieving YOY financial and KPI targets and MSE transformation.
- Work closely with all NA sites’ Leadership teams to deploy MSE.
- Contribute to the continued development and implementation of the MSE Pillars (Leadership, FMOS, AM, FI, PM, ET, HSE, QP) and the associated Ways of Working.
- Build capability in the Site Leadership Team to cascade, manage, sustain and improve the MSE Pillars.
- Support the Site MSE Leader in facilitating the development and execution of the Site Cascade Plan.
- Train Site Leaders to coach the Area Leadership Teams in the execution of the DMSs.
- Achieve target results for each site’s Leadership Module Deployment and coach site leaders to achieve target results of cascade plan.
- Assess the site against progression criteria and support the Leadership team in identifying gap closure countermeasures.
- Lead the change management process; escalating improvements in the process to the Global team and ensure back-standardization to approved changes
1. Education & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing, supply chain environment
- 10% travel required
- 3+ years of experience working with and understanding TPM principals and methods (specifically, AM, PM, FI, and ET)
- Multi-plant and / or multi-unit projects experience
- Training in PMI Project Management, food safety, associate safety, P&L principles, and Supply / Manufacturing practices
- Master in Business Administration desirable
- TPM Execution
- Team skills - high Performance Team experiences
- Demonstrated experience in change management / transformational projects
- Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage, Innovation Management, Interpersonal Savvy, Influencing, Communication Skills, Planning, Dealing with Ambiguity
- Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills
- Critical thinking / Negotiation skills
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.