CHI St. Lukeâ€™s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring, and our families need protection. With our combined resources, we are committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community. This role will allow you to give back to our community and broaden your healthcare skills.
We want our patients to be as comfortable as possible and believe that starts with basic patient care. Our Patient Care Assistants are an important part of the care team â€“ treating each patientâ€™s individual needs, document care, and support our clinical teams.
Do you have excellent follow-through skills? Are you organized and able to multi-task? Do you love caring for people? Would you like to work in a place that values your skills? Did you know we are an academic teaching facility? We have a team of people waiting for you.
This job would be perfect for a:
- Nursing student looking to get clinical experience
- Newly licensed CNA, certified nursing assistant
- Patient transporter or Housekeeper currently working in a hospital that wants to provide direct patient care
- Passionate CNA currently working in a rehab facility that wants to work in acute care setting
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Provide a variety of routine tasks and direct patient care to support our patients and our clinical teams.
- Answer call lights and unit phone to assist with questions and concerns from patients and family members.
- Communicate, monitor and document pertinent patient information
- Assist with admission, transfers, transporting, lifting, and discharge of patients
- Make rounds and respond promptly to patients, families, and clinical team requests.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Assist in organization, cleaning, and safety of the unit and patient rooms
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year direct patient care experience or proven on the job competency.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Good written/oral communication skills
- Experience working in an acute care facility
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Careerjet and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Careerjet.