At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we've been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world's biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You'll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That's us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today's exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It's You & Western Digital. Together, we're the next BIG thing in data.
INTERNSHIP, FIRMWARE ENGINEERING
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
WESTERN DIGITAL TECH AND REGIONAL CENTER (M) SDN. BHD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist engineer on below:
- Typical activities include design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for HW cores to deliver cutting-edge storage products.
- Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC's, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Document findings in engineering analyses and investigations.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
- Assist FW lead on below:
- Responsible to provide official code build.
- Responsible for code management on official code branch.
- Determine what feature and code change that need to go in for next code build.
- Determine which base code for any future enhancement.
- Responsible to provide a scoping and overview:
- Any new features development/deployment on programs.
- Block point code.
- Projects in utility tools development that enhance current design and failure analysis flow.
- Candidate must possess or currently pursuing a Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering or equivalent required.
- Relevant experience in embedded firmware development.
- C/C++, assembly languages and code development processes with debug emulation and simulation tools.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Hardware and software debugging skills.
- Must have a high degree of problem-solving skills and solutions oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to work in a team or independently.
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
- Knowledge in SATA, SAS and PCIE is a plus.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.