Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Transformation Business Analyst.
Global Change Delivery Senior Business Analysts are at the centre of how GCD shapes, delivers and embeds change working with the business and our delivery partners. Primarily, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing the analysis activity within one or more of the priority programmes. They will lead multi skilled teams responsible for the Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities during project delivery. Senior Business Analysts often act as experts across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their approach to Requirements Management and other analysis activity. Senior Business Analyst’s will also oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. They are also ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change ‘product’, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).
- Anticipates and manages stakeholder expectations, fostering open and honest communication; resolves stakeholder conflict and represents the interests of other stakeholders
- Identifies and analyses complex problems involving the wider team; generates feasible and creative solutions considering all aspects and consequences; leads brainstorming meetings to discuss and/or resolve problems
- Questions current state and facilitates stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Uses understanding of the Group’s strategy, strengths, weaknesses and the external marketplace, to inform business decisions and create competitive advantage
- Understands different mind-sets and analyses options to develop implementable solutions
- Exhibits high energy, understands issues within team and galvanises others to achieve goals
- Gains a clear understanding of others’ point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
- Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
- Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external partners
- Often acts as an expert across multiple projects or programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their requirements gathering, design, change or implementation approach. May conduct one off business research and analysis tasks related to programme or project scope.
- Coordinates requirements gathering, documentation, prioritisation and traceability working with multiple programme teams and senior stakeholders. Works with the team to break down requirements into rigorous level detail and translates business requirements for use by delivery partners.
- Challenges requirements and designs detailed, innovative business solutions to realise agreed business requirements
- Supports the business in assessing current state operating model and translating strategy into target operating models, considering the impacts on customers, products/services, organisation, people, process, technology and other key factors. Supports GCD Business Architects in more complex or global architecture projects. Supports the impact assessment of new change on operating model.
- Document and develop targeted benefits for a change intervention
- Utilises financial skills to develop a high level business case, considering investment and high level benefits
- Architects complex, large-scale (e.g. multiple market/ multiple programme) change solutions, detailing all elements of the change journey and audience impacts
- Leads change implementation activities, providing steering and guidance to the team and regular updates to stakeholders
- Leads end-to-end change journey and validates mitigation plans
- Defines, shapes and recommends creative solutions options, weighing risk/reward
- Manages re-engineering of processes, where process is one of the many parts of the change, and provides detailed guidance on process design (considering risk, end-to-end and cost)
- Manages responsibilities, objectives and task allocations for a large project or programme
- Manages a cross-functional/cross-cultural team and the performance of individuals/teams against performance objectives and plans
- Manages and endorses team engagement initiatives, fostering an environment which encourages learning and collaboration to build a sense of community
- Creates environments where only the best will do and high standards are expected, regularly achieved and appropriately rewarded; encourages and supports continual improvements within the team based on ongoing feedback
- Develops a network of professional relationships (within GCD and with business partners) to improve collaborative working and encourage openness - sharing ideas, information and collateral
- Encourages individuals to network and collaborate with colleagues beyond their own business areas and/or the Group to shape change and benefit the business and its customers
- Support the Project Management Office and Consulting Leadership team with supply management / resourcing pipeline and scheduling.
- Expert knowledge of Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Change Delivery
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Business re-engineering knowledge
- Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Optional
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Optional
- Degree in Business Information Systems, business administration / management / economics, engineering and science or a related field
- Decision Making
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Business Analysis & Design
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation
- Change and Implementation Management
- Process Re-engineering
- Planning and Plan Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Resource and Team Management
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.