- House officer posts in delightful city location, 90 minutes’ drive from Auckland
- Full time contracts with a variety of runs
- Excellent supervision and training opportunities
Full time roles, on a rolling contract, commencing January 2022 and located in a 260 bed secondary general hospital catering to a regional population of 200,000 and growing. There is a 24/7 emergency department, range of medical and surgical services, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology and psychiatry supported by radiology, pathology and anaesthesiology. The hospital supports three small hospitals in the region, and in turn, is supported by tertiary services in Auckland.
The hospital is located in a region with a warm sub tropical climate all year round, and the city has excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
This hospital has many posts accredited for postgraduate training by the appropriate Royal Colleges and provides extensive supervision, training and continuing medical education for resident medical officers.
The house officer rotations are in various departments across the fields of Assessment and Rehabilitation, Medical Admitting, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, ED, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, and Relief.
- working under the supervision of consultants and registrars, you will be responsible for the management of in patients, the arrangement of investigations, prescribing of drugs, maintenance of concise and up to date patient records and assessment and diagnosis of new admissions
- on call duties covering evenings, nights and weekends
- Medical degree and internship completed. You must be PGY2 and upwards. UK graduates must have completed FY1.
- Eligible for provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- An excellent location to start your medical career in New Zealand
- A Workload which is not excessive
- National pay rates, no NI and practice expenses recoverable
- Good experience and tuition
- Please forward your CV for immediate consideration and advise which specialities you are interested in.
- Three referees will be required
- An EPIC report is required (this is a primary source verification of medical qualifications and can be obtained if you don't have it already)