This role is based in the Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team, part of the regional mental health services which provide specialist clinical mental health and addiction services to the Northland region, from north of Wellsford to Cape Reinga serving a growing population of around 200,000. These services are designed to cater for people with significant mental illness and/or addiction that is beyond the scope of the primary care services.
- As the Consultant Psychiatrist in this area you will provide psychiatric assessment and management of patients under the care of Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team.
- You will contribute to a multi-disciplinary team and offer expert psychiatric opinion and advice to other clinicians across the DHB.
- In addition, you will provide any other activities required to fulfil the role of responsible clinician for patients subject to the Mental Health Act.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
- have or be eligible for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a vocational and/ or locum tenens Psychiatry scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- Ideally you will have obtained FRANZCP or equivalent qualification
- Experience in EIP service
- Experience working within a Kaupapa Maori environment and/or working in a specific culturally focused service.
- Salary NZ 190,00 - 270,000 pa (national scale)
- permanent contract
- pension benefits
- medical practice expenses recoverable
- CME programmes