Requisition Posting End Date: 10/15/2021
NEOM Project Summary: Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
NEOM is a in the of northwestern . The site is near the and the borders of , , and . It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.”
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the sustainability requirements are well captured across the design & construction stages, managing the review of design and construction stage sustainability rating submissions, coordinate with relevant stakeholders to achieve the set NEOM Sustainability targets.
Supervision: Reports to EPM Sustainability Manager, Supervises Sustainability Specialists working for individual design work packages.
Contacts: Works closely with NEOM Environmental Sector, Projects Team, Executive Program Management Consultant (Bechtel) teams, Design Consultants, and Construction Contractors.
- Engage with the NEOM project team and its design partners to determine the applicable sustainability requirements, standards, and needs.
- Responsible to work within the Environmental Management System to focus on the project sustainability goals, in coordination with various project departments, and use established mechanism and integrated approach to achieve the established targets
- Engage with NEOM Environmental Sector, Design Consultants, Construction Contractors throughout the design review cycle and construction to monitor progress and performance. Review the design and construction submissions of applicable sustainability rating requirements for assigned Projects, with support of Sustainability Specialists.
- Coordinate with design consultants and construction contractors to resolve issues associated with application of Envision, LEED, WELL certification programs, and Regenerative Development strategies requirements
- Manage the identification, analysis, and prioritization of issues and barriers to achieving the desired results
- Supports managements of the project sustainability management systems to ensure efficient communications, tracking of information, and adherence to procedures
- Arranges meetings, workshops where required with all the relevant stakeholders, good in recording keep
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to assigned team members, including consultants, in the management of the relevant activities.
- Champion the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure your own and others’ health and safety – including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role.
- Cooperate in all matters relating to health, safety and environment, including following safe working procedures without deviation.
- Advocate, promote and engage Bechtel’s health, safety and environmental policies and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or related from an accredited university required
- Must have experience working on infrastructure projects preferably rail or other transportation
- Position requires minimum 5 – 8 years’ experience regarding application of sustainability rating requirements on mega projects (e.g. Envision, BREEAM, LEED, Estidama)
- Proven track record in working within a multidisciplinary engineering/ construction and project management team
- Ability to use spreadsheets and tools for tracking project and information progress
- Able to identify and solve problems, ask questions to understand the needs and requirements of the client, and other relevant entities in order to provide planning advice, and feasible technical solutions in a multi-stakeholder context.
- Able to work within a multi-cultural team and manage challenging multi-cultural relationships across a range of entities, preferably some experience working in the middle east.
- Strong team building and supervisory skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills in the English language, and clear, concise report writing skills.
- Self-driven and able to plan and execute work without direct supervision from senior management and/or peers.
- Flexible and adapt to working in a demanding Project Management Organization (PMO) environment, including the ability to travel and work remotely if / when required.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Engineering or architecture degree(s) or similar post-graduate education with emphasis in sustainability strongly preferred.
- Relevant experience in the KSA or the Middle East and a sound understanding of the cultural norms and requirements of the region.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.