Job Description Who we are:We’ve been changing the financial services game since we were founded in 1974, when we invented a whole new category of trading. Today, we’re the world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with operations in 20 countries across five continents and over 400,000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive.
Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognize your talent and allow it to shine.
Where you’ll work:
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role.
At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centers, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
- While you’ll be based in our Sandton office, you’ll be working with our global trading services teams around the world in London, Chicago, Melbourne, Singapore, Dubai, Bangalore and Krakow. Join IG, and you’ll be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We’re constantly improving and developing our products and services.
- Provide trade and admin support on Equity Dealing accounts to our global retail, corporate and institutional clients across phone, email and web chat
- Gain a strong understanding of various financial instruments such as stocks and ETF’s
- Gain a strong understanding of financial markets, stock exchanges and macro-economic events
- Provide trading expertise on stock market orders, charges and trade assistance & investigations
- Providing an execution-only phone dealing service (following relevant training)
- Answering queries and cross-selling of our products and platforms
- Running daily morning market calls
- Resolving trade disputes
- Participating in and running various local and international projects
- Providing clients with technical support with our front-end platforms and chart packages
- In doing so you’ll benefit from exposure to a vibrant, commercially driven environment, with development opportunities encompassing everything from client reactivation and retention, premium client service, specialist, managerial and dealing roles
- Your personal and professional development are important to us.
- As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that’s a big ask, so
- we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve.
- If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities.
What you’ll get:
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events, get funding for your charitable endeavors and join a range of special interest groups, you’ll receive an attractive selection of benefits working with IG Group:
- Flexible working hours and work-from–home opportunities
- Performance-related bonuses
- Pension, insurance and medical plans
- Career-focused technical and leadership training
- Two volunteering days per year
- One day of birthday leave per year
- Gym and medical insurance allowance
- You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude.
- You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do.
- You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar.
- You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will priorities your well being and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture. If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of top-notch people, then you’ll find a home here.
- A degree-level education
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Confident to employ basic maths skills, particularly mental arithmetic.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Literacy in MS Office
- Desirable: experience of working within a financial environment