You will require a combination of analytical skills, an operational attitude, and the interpersonal and leadership skills to manage a team who, together with you, will be responsible for using data-driven insights and marketplace levers to drive towards a balanced and reliable marketplace.
You with the team will look into the challenging business problems related to marketplace dynamics, pricing innovations, marketplace efficiency and marketplace governance. You will also engage with external and internal partners both locally and regionally to constantly experiment and implement products and also improve and balance metrics on all three sides of the marketplace.
This is a business critical role that will report to the Head of Operations, SSA, and work closely with the Delivery Partner Operations teams to ensure a healthy supply balance and efficient marketplace across all cities in South Africa.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and empower a team of Operations Managers to deliver impact for the business while also coaching and developing them individually
- You will need to be comfortable with complex data sets, deriving insights and fact-checking against the real market situation. Lead the team to use analytical tools, market intelligence and data to solve wide-ranging business problems
- Drive continuous improvement by using data from the platform and operational insights to identify, surface, implement and follow-through on new processes or optimize existing processes
- Communicate regularly and share marketplace intelligence and insights to functional leads and partners to efficiently influence business decisions for other teams
- Handle a portfolio of key projects and work cross functionally with multiple teams like Product Ops, Operations, City Ops, Comm Ops, Legal, Tax to test, implement and roll-out products and changes in the marketplace
- Minimum 4 years of experience in business operations, analytics, management consulting, or other related experience
- A collaborative teammate who is willing to roll up your sleeves to do the day-to-day work
- Track record in engaging and influencing cross-functional teams
- Flexible and comfortable in dealing with uncertainty
- Have a data-driven, analytical approach with the ability to balance detail and accuracy with quick execution
- Skills in SQL, Python and/or data modelling would be a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We seek big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. Should you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.